Saturday, May 31, 2008

Drama of the Century

Paul and I are finally moved into our new apartment in Logan. It's about 2 1/2 blocks from where we used to live, so we stayed in the ward and are close to campus. We just got over a huge drama scene with our landlords. Oh boy, I could probably spend a good 5 single spaced pages ranting on about what happened, but it's over thank goodness. What's so funny to me is that the Sunday before all this exploded we had a really good talk in sacrament meeting about being slow to anger. Basically, we asked them if we could stay another year and they inspected our apartment and accused us of being dirty people...which we aren't. They were pretty rude about it, and I'm just glad we're out of their apartment complex. The happy news is that I can now babysit and teach violin. They wouldn't allow that before. Also it kind of ended in a peace treaty because Paul and I left their apartment in 110% condition and they gave us our full deposit back plus 4 days of May rent. They also apologized for "having tempers flaring" and having things work out the way they did. It's going to be hard to get over what she said to me even now though. I'm kind of numb to it and don't want to think about it any more. Where's the love? I realize now more than ever though about what causes people to be offended, and how to handle when that happens. I definitely need to have tougher skin, that's for sure.

Shayden seems to like our new place. I just took her in for her 1 year check up and shots. She's 99% in her head circumference, 40% in her weight and 60% in her height. She had a fever for a while but is better now. She has this weird wheezing cough now, though.

I also wanted to send a big thank you to Cody and Lisa. Lisa has watched Shayden for all of the time we've spent moving and cleaning and Cody helped us even in his boot. Thank you! My parents and Paul's grandpa helped us move too, and we're so grateful. Thank you, thank you!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Nike! It's so good to have found your blog! What a cute little girl you have! There's lots of us Oakcrest friends that have blogs, so check mine out for the links! You are cute and I sure love ya!

Cricket :)