Saturday, June 13, 2009

Journal Schmernal

I'm thinking about starting a journal for my kids.

If I were to write today I would say for Shay:

"I rode a horse for the first time today.  I didn't want to get off.  My favorite place to go is the park.  The Oquirrh Mountain Temple was amazing.  I folded my arms as I walked through it with my cousins."

Shay also was running after Crystal's chickens trying to catch them.  "Chicken! Chicken!"  Sooo cute.

For Gavon:

"I rode Aunt Crystal's Old Paint and didn't like it much.  I like to blow bubbles and flash smiles at people.  Watch out, because I spit up.  I learned how to roll over on Easter and sat up on my own on Shays' birthday."

3 comments:

Angeli said...

You are both such cute little kids. I think your chasing chickens and riding horses sounds like a blast. Love the bubbles that Gavon blows. Sleep tight. Love GMA

Sarah Titus Jones said...

My mom did a journal like that for me and I love it. I do one for Magdelena, but I write it more like letters to her. I tell her what is happening and how I am feeling about it, rather than trying to write from her perspective. I think keeping a journal for your kids is an awesome goal!

Katy said...

DO IT!!! I journal for mine every day. I've done it since before the move. I LOVE it! Since it's every day, I capture funny stories, etc. that otherwise I'd forget and since it's every day, it's short and so much more doable for me.