Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Ashlin's Reaction


Ashlin broke out in hives the day after I gave her a tiny sip of Cranberry juice. The doctor said I should wait a month or two and try giving her a little bit to be sure that's what it was that made her react. I've never dealt with this, so I'm not sure what's going on. I gave her broccoli, strawberries, and baby cereal, all things she's had before from the same containers and all. Just the juice was different. It kind of freaked me and Alisa out. You can't really see in the picture very well, but it looks like giant mosquito bites. Crazy! It took 4 days to get her body clear of it.

4 comments:

Maren said...

Oh No! That is the scariest. Did you give her Benadryl and it still took 4 days to clear up? We keep Benadryl around all the time for Asher as well as his Epi-pens. I hope it was just a fluke because having a child with allergies is hard. Good luck!

Raychel said...

The doctor told me to give her Benedryl, but when I went to the store, it said do not give to 4 and under. Children's Allegra said 2 and up, so I gave her a half teaspoon of that and it cleared up 2 hours later. The next day I gave her one more dose because it was still there, and cleared up again. After that it wasn't too bad; just here and there in small amounts.

Angeli said...

That sure looks sad. I am wondering why too. I hope you can figure it out and never go there again.

The Harris Bunch said...

this is not good oh i hope you can figure out what is wrong