Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Run! O Wait...Watch Out For That Cable!

 So Karen and I go running in the wee hours of the morning before you can start to see the sun lighting the sky, and this morning we did the "corn route" which passes a small patch of corn on the other side of 10th.  We were trying to figure a good way to get around all the nasty construction on 10th when we decided to just make our way across the road jay walking style instead of running on the freshly cemented sidewalk.  Surprise!  We were side by side, so we both hit a tight cable stretched across the side of the road going about 8 min. mile just about mid-thigh level.  We were on the ground looking at each other like we both were trying to say, "Ouch."  I got that feeling of being sick because it hurt so bad, and then the welts turned into bruises later that day.  There's another bruise just like that one on the other leg too.  I wonder if the construction workers saw us.  I told Shayden when I got home, "I ran into a wire in the dark." and she said, "Why didn't you just wait for the sun to come up Mom?!"

 I was nursing Ashlin last night and Gavon came and sat next to me like this.  Paul was able to catch it on camera.  The kids like to jump on the back of the chair and pop the leg rest open when I'm trying to nurse.  It drives me crazy, but then I just try to get comfortable and not care.  I try to say no only when I have to.  Shayden and Gavon like to jump on that bed next to the chair while I nurse.  Only 3 more months and then she can be on her own!  I like giving her that freedom, and I like the freedom of not nursing too.  Just have to hold out until she's one.
 Ashlin isn't a binky baby, but she found this binky and just chewed on it for a good 30 min. She's actually pretty fast at crawling now and can stand on her own for about 5 or 6 seconds.  She's taken one step so far.
Paul took this picture driving to the temple about a month ago from the drivers seat. 

No comments: