Friday, December 5, 2008

Home Sweet Home





What an experience. Wow. I don't think I want to be induced ever again. They started my petocin at 4:00 and contractions were coming fast but not too painfully. We watched a beautiful sunset, and I was at a 5 at about 7:00. The doctor suggested to break my water, which made me scared but we decided to do it. It was definitely the most painful experience I think I could ever go through. You might be wondering, "Why didn't you get an epidural?"...I don't really know. I felt like I could deal with the pain, but it got pretty bad. Now that I think about it, it was only an hour and a half of almost I wish I could die torture, and Paul was such a good help to help me. I went from a 7 to delivery in about 5 minutes. The nurse delivered his head and the doctor came just in time for the rest. I didn't tear and there were no complications. It was weird how I felt so normal after...only cramping. My mom has been so awesome to help me and take care of Shayden. Shayden loves him. She points to him and says, "Baby."

8 comments:

Rory and Melissa Peterson said...

Congrats again. He's very cute. Makes me baby hungry! I am glad everything went well!!

Lynette said...

He's super cute you guys! I'm so excited for you and happy that everything went well! I can't wait to meet him!

Unknown said...

So happy he is here!! HE is so precious! I had to be induced with both my girls and I had an epidural with both which is good because both labors were about 8 hours. You will love having 2 kids. They are so sweet and the time goes so fast once you have a routine. So enjoy ever minute that he is small. Congratulations!!

Katy said...

He's cute! I'm glad you made it and sorry you had a bad induction. If you get an induction next time, get an epidural too and it's not so bad...except when they break your water...that will still hurt if it's before the epidural. :)

Sarah Titus Jones said...

He's so stinking cute! You are a stronger person than I am. I asked for the epideral ASAP with my first and the only time I regretted it was when I got the bill...but you make me think it just might have been worth it. Love the dark hair!

Savanna said...

He is Adorable. I am so glad everything went so well. Raychel you are super woman! :) It will be fun to see him.

Linds said...

he has so much hair!! He's so beautiful! Congratulations! I'm sorry you had to be induced... I'm really amazed you did it all without an epidural! That is weird that it hurt when you got your water broken... that didn't hurt me at all... maybe because I was already in so much pain with the contractions... all I felt was the gush of warm water, I know it sounds weird, but it felt kind of cool. lol! Anyway... congratulations again on the birth of such a beautiful little boy! I'm so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Wahoo for new babies. I didn't get the epideral when I was induced either and felt the same. Oh well you got through it and now you can do anything. Good luck with the little one.