Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Thank You, Thank You!

Yo yo mama. (He's blinking, so he looks a little cross eyed.)
This is my throne...

When Paul and I were first married we watched one of the classic Bud Abbot and Lou Costello (sp?) movies where they were on this island and getting into lots of trouble. Oh, it's so funny. They meet this native, and Lou calls him a stinker. The native says, "What is stinkah?" and Lou says, "Well, a stinker is a great man." The native says, "I biggest stinkah on island. My fathuh stinker. My grandfathuh stinkah." Lou says "You're the biggest stinker of them all," or something like that, and the native says, "Thank you, Thank you." He keeps saying that, making the "you" all drawn out. Whenever Paul and I say thank you, we say it like him. So...I wanted to send out a big thank you to everyone that has helped with Gavon being born.

Thank you! Thank you! Cody and Lisa were on call to watch Shayden and were always willing to help. Kami came up the day before and helped me clean to have everything ready. Alisa came and helped make dinner or take care of Shayden when I couldn't do it the last bit of my pregnancy. She'd always call and say, "How are you doing today?" Sheila would do that too. Crystal was a great help in getting me ready for the labor part, and gave Paul some good advice to help me. My mom was a HUGE help to watch Shayden and help me those first few days. Today is the first day I felt normal...well, kind of. The ward brought me dinner tonight...perfect timing. Right when they dropped it off, Shay had thrown up in her crib. She's had a cough, and I think just gagged, because she seemed just fine. After cleaning everything up I was even able to jump onto the washer to get her humidifier down. I felt all young and spry again. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Thank you everyone!

Here's a video of Gavon right after his bath just now. I tried pictures first, but he kept closing his eyes when he saw the flash, so I have a bunch of pictures of him with his eyes closed.

3 comments:

Katy said...

Isn't it weird to have your body back?! :) I'm glad you have had so much help!

Levi and Kami's Blog said...

Ah!!!! He is soooo cute! Holy Tamole!! And I'm still laughing at the stinkah...You the biggest stinkah of them all!!!

Levi and Kami's Blog said...

Dude! We all are sitting around here just laughing as I read that stinkuh stuff. Mwahahaha!
Hunter has nothing to say. He's just laughing too hard!