Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Never Change Your Baby at Walmart

Eebie Jeebies.....
Yesterday I went to Walmart...for the most stupid reason. The night before I went to pick up a prescription for Shayden (another ear infection) and got a bunch of other stuff and bought, spur of the moment, a quart of chocolate milk. When we got home to enjoy a nice cup of chocolate milk, it turned out to be sour. So the next day, I went into town and just as I was about to go into Walmart for the sole purpose of returning this $1.72 quart of chocolate milk...I know, taking advantage of being in town to get every dollar I can, I guess...Gavon filled a good diaper for me. I've changed diapers in the car before, and it really kills my back, so I decided to trek it out in the Walmart changing area. I was all grossed out in the first place because GROSS! I didn't want Shayden to touch anything, so she stood by me while I layed a bunch of paper towles on the table so there would be something between Gavon and grossness. The process went pretty smoothly without as big a mess as it could have been.

While I was changing away this little girl, probably 3 or 4-years-old, came in with an adult to use the restroom. She walked into the first stall..."That one is yucky."--little girl. "That's right, let's go to the next one."--adult. "No, leave the toilet seat down." --adult.

As I finished up and put Gavon in his car seat on the ground I looked over at the little girl who was now on the ground climbing out from under a stall on her hands and knees. I walked over to quickly wash my hands and go, and glanced over my shoulder to see the girl running toward Gavon and touching his head. A mothers worse nightmare!!!!!! She had been all over a public restroom touching everything and then she touched my baby's head! Gag, gag. There are so many germs going around in the first place, there's no other sure fire way to get sick then that right there. I grabbed her arm away and got tears in my eyes thinking of RSV, and any other deadly thing for a baby. I got out of there as fast as I possibly could, and even left my package of 50 wipes on the changing table. This morning Gavon had a slight cough and runny nose. Stinkin' Walmart girl. I'm pretty bitter.

5 comments:

*kare* said...

I am sorry about that! That is way gross! How is Gavon feeling? I heard RSV season is pretty much over if that helps at all. But I would be major mad if someone touched my baby's head especially after touching Walmart's nasty bathroom floor!

Rory and Melissa Peterson said...

I totally agree!! I hate using public restrooms to change my babies. I use the car, even though it kills my back and is inconvenient, at least it is cleaner. One time Alexa had a blow-out diaper in walmart, and I had to change her in walmart. It was so incredibly gross. I think when they clean the bathrooms they don't worry about the changing table. Hopefully Gavon gets better quick.

Katy said...

haha! you are so cute about it! It has really opened my eyes that some people truly do not understand disease processes and the whole concept of washing your hands, etc! :) I hope he doesn't get sick...but if not, you can take it!

Angeli said...

I'm so sorry, Walmart is just not my favorite store for anything. Especially carrying 2 kids through it. I hope your milk was good when you got home. Gavon is too cute for sniffles and such. I hope to see you soon.

Lisa said...

Reason #4,659 to hate Wal-mart. :{ And #4,660, 4,661, and 4,662.

(Sour milk, unclean restrooms, parents who think the place is a jungle gym for their kids, inconvenient...)