Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Family Update

This last weekend Paul had his November Drill--a bunch of class like training. He was told that his unit will be deploying March 2012. For soldiers that are going to be finishing their contract terms (Paul will have his 6 years October 2011) they gave them the option of leaving the guard 120 days early to make room for soldiers that need to be trained for deployment. He might be done with the guard this coming summer. He is actually very excited to have his annual training this March; a whole three weeks in the Dominican Republic. He wants to spend some time away from the guard to see what's it's like, and has thought about maybe doing M.I. We'll look at our options over the next year here.

I'm almost 34 weeks. It feels like my body just remembered as good as ever what it was like to be big, so it went right to huge instead of somewhere in between for the 8th month. We're excited and counting down until this little girl is here. We are trying to decide between Ashlyn or Maylyn...maybe something completely different? Those are just the ones we like.

This last week was Fast Sunday, and it felt like I handled things pretty good with Paul being gone. Both Shayden and Gavon are healthy...Finally!...and were able to go to nursery. Gavon just had a good diaper during Sunday School, and then in Sacrament they got away from me once. Overall, it was pretty good. Right at the end of Sacrament Meeting Shayden told me she wanted to bear her testimony. I thought that would be a good idea, but that she had to do it all by herself. She said, "Okay," and marched right up. After waiting for a while she came back, but the bishop saw that she wanted to bear her testimony. The person finished, and the time was up, but the bishop looked at me as if to say, "Do you want her to go?" I wanted her to say something short and sweet like she always says, "Jesus loves me," or something like that. When she got up there she said, "Gavon broke his leg. It got better; the Dr. took his cast off. I went poop on the potty and washed my hands." Except it was more drawn out, so I ran up there and told her to say, "Jesus made him feel better. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen." Everyone was smiling or laughing, and I was pretty embarrassed. The guy next to me said it was okay, because everyone would leave church smiling. She is definitely not afraid to do things.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Quite the update....thanks Shayden for that sweet testimony. Be glad she didn't say something like when my mom and dad showered together...No it hasn't ever happened to me just a sinerio