Thursday, November 18, 2010

Walking with Shayden

I told Shayden she'd get a flat tire if she rode her bike on the rocks by the side walk. Shayden walks on those same rocks and says, "I'm going to get a flat shoe!" She's been asking to take her training wheels off, lately.

It's been tough the past little while. Shayden has started a high pitched tantrum throwing stage, and has adopted my "I'm too tired" or "I can't do that" phrase. When I tried to go for a walk last week, she made it 0.1 miles on her bike and then was screaming bloody murder. Gavon dropped his toy car, and when I bent down to pick it up, he kicked me in the face on accident. I barely made it home from that one without getting too stressed out.

Shayden was trying to put roller blades on Gavon and started an 'it's the end of the world' type scream when he wouldn't listen to her. She absolutely refuses naps, so we're trying to go to bed super early. Since the time change, we go to bed ridiculously early; about 7:00, sometimes 6:30.

I feel like we go into survival mode with a new baby, so we're trying to prep for that. I'm 35 weeks, and the time is flying by.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Oh man, hang on! She made it a year longer than Lee did with naps... and I hope the tantrum phase is short lived! :)