Saturday, February 6, 2010

Growing Girl

Alisa took this picture after a long long day.


Shayden has been doing and saying so much lately. It kind of scares me because she understands so much, I have to explain things to her. That almost sounds ridiculous that I'm scared to do that, but I guess it's just because new stages mean new situations.

The other day Shayden told Paul, "Dad, you need to pull up your pants, because they are falling down."

Whenever she wants you to move or get away from her so she can do her own thing she says, "Go to your mom," or "Go to your dad." She even says that to me. "Go to your dad." First off, he's my husband, and second off, you're going to get into trouble if you keep taking over, and not letting Gavon play with that, or whatever it is you're doing.

She wants to do everything herself. Getting dressed especially. She will throw a fit if I get her dressed, answer the phone, or put her in her car seat. She wants to do it herself.

When I tell her she needs to share with Gavon, she'll break off the tiniest tiniest piece and give to him. She's doing better at this, and giving him a full fruit snack at least.

Potty training is such a roller coaster. She was so good for almost a month. I was thinking, "Yay! I'm done with this." And then the next thing I know, she's only making it once or twice the whole day. This morning I said, "It's time to go potty. Let's hurry and go." She said, "No, I can go in my pants." I said, "No, that's yucky, and you get wet." And then I just make her go, and she cries and gets off without any success.

On a happier note, she is super happy to see Gavon when he wakes up from a nap. She'll say, "Good morning Gavon! Tickle Tickle Tickle" and tickle his toes.




Paul is at drill. I was just able to go Cross Country Skiing up Green Canyon...BEAUTIFUL. I wish I could have gone longer, but it had to be a quicky. My visiting teacher watched the kids for me, and she is already such a busy person working full time, 2 little kids, never seeing her husband. I was also able to get a 6 mile run in this morning pushing the stroller through a thin layer of snow. It was just enough to make it hard to push, but not impossible. I'm telling myself this is the best time to train for a 1/2 marathon because I'm not pregnant or nursing. We also went to Plante 51 today. It was okay. Shayden and Gavon loved it. Last night I told Shay we could watch a movie and eat popcorn after dinner, so I made a big bowl of popcorn and we all watched 2 episodes of Little Einsteins (one of Shay's favorite things to watch). They downed the popcorn and asked for more, and got so excited about blasting off and such. It was cute to watch.

Paul and I just bought 2 non-refundable tickets to Hawaii. It looks like we're going on a 2nd honeymoon!


Gavon is hilarious. Here he is eating some cheerios.

2 comments:

Angeli said...

Cross Country skiing and running 6 miles@ The videos are so cute. Great guns!@

Levi and Kami's Blog said...

Phew!!! You are super mom!