Tuesday, October 28, 2008

8 Things

8 TV SHOWS I LOVE TO WATCH
1. Little House on the Prairie (My dad calls it big house on the little prairie or something like that.)
2. I Love Lucy
3. The Andy Grifith Show
4. The Price is Right
5. School House Rock (Haven't seen it since I was 6, though)
6. Full House when I was a kid
7. VeggieTales should count as a TV Show
8. Loony Tunes
--If Paul were doing this he'd add The Office and The Tick
8 FAVORITE RESTAURANTS
1. Olive Garden
2. Subway
3. Cafe Sabor
4. Little Caesars, Pizza Pizza
5. Sweet Tomatoes?
6. Cafe Rio, Costa Vida
7. IHOP
8. Fazoli's
8 THINGS THAT HAPPENED YESTERDAY
1. Had a Halloween Party with Ryan, Bridget, Cody, and Lisa. We decorated sugar cookies, bobbed for apples, and had breakfast for dinner...mmm, pumpkin pancakes.
2. Got Shayden ready for the day...did her hair in pigtales even though she cries.
3. Went shopping with Alisa...bank, Macey's, and the Book Table. I bought a 40 lb. box of chicken...yah, that's a lot of chicken.
4. I signed up to receive more violin students at the music store here in Logan.
5. Made sugar cookies for the party yesterday night.
6. Did dishes with Shayden...one of her favorite things. It's actually pretty hard sometimes though, because she spills the water, and when she gets water into anything that holds water she drinks it and says, "Ahhh" like it was refreshing or something. "Dish water is dangerous to drink," I tell her, and I try to get her to dump it out, but she screams and tries to drink it. As a side note, I'm crazy I know, we do all of our dishes by hand even though we have an awesome dishwasher. It saves us about $15 a month.
7. I tried to read Harry Potter, Book 6, even though I didn't read more than one word, literally. Every time I sat down I had to get up to do something.
8. I played with Shayden before she went to bed.
8 THINGS I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO
1. Halloween trunk or treat with our ward. Paul will be in his Gorilla suit and Shayden will be an Indian girl or a little bumblebee.
2. To see all my family on Saturday. Yay for Annalisa being born!
3. Gavin to be born. Paul tinks it will be on Thanksgiving Day.
4. Thanksgiving and to be with family, but I try and be thankful everyday.
5. Christmas--I am already shopping and have most of the presents I plan on buying for Paul and Shayden
6. The snow to come so we can play in it.
7. The chance to run again, long and hard.
8. The chance to ride Dixie...wild thing.
8 THINGS ON MY WISH LIST
1. A trip to Hawaii someday
2. A trip to Europe someday
3. Some really nice couches someday
4. A really nice road bike? That won't happen for a while.
5. That I could be a really good mom.
6. Some tomatoes and bacon so I can have a BLT for lunch today.
7. A horse...someday. Paul would want a 4-wheeler first.
8. New strings for my violin...and some violin polish.
8 PEOPLE I TAG...
Everyone who wants to do this!!!!

I was trying to post this yesterday, but it didn't get all the way done, so I'm trying to post it this morning.

I also wanted to share that my ears are doing okay. They felt almost completely normal and I had a good routine for cleaning them, but last night as I was pulling one out far enough to clean around it it came completely out. I tried to put it back in by myself, but it wouldn't go, and I got really light headed and almost threw up. Paul came and forced it back in, but I had to lay down and couldn't finish cleaning them because I felt too faint. It bled a little, but feels okay now.

I'm 34 weeks and I feel huge. Shayden is growing like crazy.

Sad day! I totally missed out on the pumpkin walk this year in North Logan. I was bummed we missed it last year, but this year was even worse because I got all excited for it, and we didn't go. Yesterday was the last day. Well, there's always next year.

6 comments:

Rory and Melissa Peterson said...

Hey!!

Are you guys naming your baby Gavin? I hadn't heard what name you chose yet, but thats what you post said. Also, when you were talking about your ears, I forgot you had just gotten your ears pierced. So here I am picturing you cleaning your ears, and one of them popping off. Then that definitely wasn't right and I realized you were talking about your earrings, not your ear popping off! That gave me a good laugh.

Lisa said...

I'm definitely holding that Gavin will be born November 11. I think he'll be 6 # even. Annalisa is still guessing December 11 (yes, 1 day late, she thinks that late is the only way to go, and she likes the 11th.)

Raychel said...

Melissa! You're so funny.

Katy said...

That was fun to hear your list of 8. :) Gavin's actual due date was Thanksgiving Day, so if your Gavin is born then, they will have more even more in common. :) I'm glad your ears are still okay! It was easy to visualize you doing that...good thing you didn't go into nursing. :)

Unknown said...

What a fun list! Thanksgiving would be a perfect day for your little boy to be born. That is Emma's birthday, the 27th. Yes you are a champ for doing dishes by hand. Isn't so funny/disgusting how much they love water from the sink. Ruby still loves it. If I have a pot soaking she will stick her hands in it, stir it around and try to find a spoon so she can take a sip. It drives me crazy, but I guess it's not the worst thing in the world. LOL. You look amazing for being that far along! Have a great Halloween!

Angeli said...

I'm glad to know all this, I am guessing Thanksgiving day too. I think that this little boy is going to have a very long name with all those middle names. Sorry about your ears. I like all your top 10 stuff too. Love ya. Mom