Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Decorating on a Dime

My ward had a Relief Society night on "Decorating on a Dime" where a sister spoke on fun ways to decorate without spending much. This is so me! I like to decorate, but the money it takes is a little over board. It gets really expensive. So, one idea was to go on a walk and look at what looks pretty. I run a 3 1/2 mile loop that passes the city dump, but there are these beautiful weeds all along the way. I picked a hole bunch of them and decorated some #10 cans (from the cannery) with some old fabric scraps. I also saved some bean/green bean/corn cans and decorated those too. A little bit of hot glue gunning and tie a bow...wallah. Now I'm going to try and get a board and paint a quote on it with stencils. Maybe a scripture. That's where I have to buy paints...maybe I can get a cool piece of wood from somewhere where they're throwing scraps away. Then I can put it in between those two weed bouquets.
I should have gotten a picture up close. They turned out really cool. I'm all excited.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

oooooh, i love the weeds! thats awesome!

Angeli said...

Great job. That looks really cool. Your home feels so wonderful anyway. I loved your birthday memories too. We always did something halloween on your birthday.

Levi and Kami's Blog said...

Those are soo cute! Wow! You'll have to show me how to do them!