Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Life is Precious

I've just been thinking of the miracle of life, and how one day, things can change. I thought about how Jordan picked up Parker after his nap and how he had his stroke. I thought about Crystal's miscarriage, and the thrill of seeing your little baby move at that first ultra sound, but finding out that there was no heart beat. I thought about Miss Christiansen, and how she died riding home on a bus from a marching band tournament; how she tried to make everyone safe before more damage was done. Heavenly Father really knows who our hearts. It makes me want to live each day as if it were my last.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

So true! I was just thinking about what a miracle we all are.

Lisa said...

I'm sometimes amazed that so many of us make it through childhood with all 10 fingers. ;)

Seriously, though, Cody and I used to watch this show called "Million 2 one" where they figured out the odds of random things happening. They once talked about our own existence on earth and finally concluded: "If you weren't actually here, you wouldn't believe it was possible for humanity to exist." We truly are God's precious creations, and each breath with take is a miracle that we need to savor. Especially when we are as fortunate as we are with beautiful children and happiness.

Happy Birthday! You rock the world!

Levi and Kami's Blog said...

Hear hear!

Angeli said...

I saw this miracle in having you. Your little smile with a whisp of glowing beauty always made me thankful for the gift of life.