Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Cats and Babies

Here's Parker and Alexis, the little trooper.

The first video was taken a long time ago, but it's the only one I have of her saying "Meow." She says, "Tat" and then, "Meow," while she tilts her head. Soo cute. The other video of her dancing to Hercules was taken a while ago too. She was wearing that blue stretchy thing like a scarf and walking and dancing around. On our computer we have pictures for our screen saver and she says "Baby" when pictures of her as a baby pop up.

This morning was rough, but there's no way I can complain. Trisa's kids have all been sick but Holly, and Crystal and all her kids, Sheila and her kids. When we got back from Paul's drill Sunday night, Shayden didn't sleep through the whole night because of her nose and cough. It was actually pretty scary. We stayed in Parker's room for the weekend, and Shayden was actually around Parker Friday and Saturday; the first time he was around another kid indoors. On Sunday morning Shay woke up with a runny nose, and Alexis got it too...this is super scary because if Parker gets sick, it could develop into something bad. He has no immune system. After church and after naps, he had a bad runny nose and was sneazing a lot. This was so frustrating to me because after all the precaution that Sheila and Jordan have taken, I come around once and he gets sick. It showed me how important it is to not have anyone around Parker, no matter how hard it is. Poor Sheila. She just wants to have her kids be able to play and be normal. This is especially hard when you want to be with family. Thanksgiving will be rough. Since we've left, they've all been sick with fever and throwing up. This morning Shay coughed so hard she threw up at breakfast and I threw up soon after, I think from having to deal with it. I just hope Parker gets better quick, and everyone else too.

Life is a beautiful thing. I'm excited to be so close to delivering. I hit 36 weeks tomorrow. I'll keep you updated with doctor apointments that are coming up.

Lisa's wedding was very nice. Tom seems like such a good guy, and his family is very supportive. It was cool to find out that one of my friends from Oakcrest as a camper is Tom's niece. It's a small world. It was also good to see Jon and Lynette, Kurt, Jennifer and Brenna.

2 comments:

steveandemilee said...

Oh, Raychel! I'm sorry everyone has been so sick. I hope all goes well in your upcoming delivery of Gavin/Gabriel/Braxton, whatever he chooses as his name! Personally I like Gavin too....sorry Paul! Raychel, I enjoy reading your blog because you are so humble and practical. I like that even sick and very pregnant you can say life is beautiful! That reminds me of my fav. country song, "Love is a beautiful thing", it's awesome!

Angeli said...

I'm so sorry you got sick too. It was so great to let Parker see another child and play, even if he did get sick. He got better, yeah! Shayden, you are too cute!. Love GMA