Monday, March 22, 2010

Bountiful Baskets

I tried Bountiful Baskets for the first time last week. Thanks for your help Joanna! Paying the extra $3 for my first basket, I calculated that I would have spent the same amount at the grocery store buying everything at a good price; apples 0.99/lb, tomatoes 0.99/lb, green onions 0.50, celery 0.99, lettuce 0.99, strawberries 0.99/lb, kumquats, kale, asparagus 0.99/lb, mangoes 0.99. Overall, I think it's worth the effort to go pick it up on a Saturday. I think it fits my personality, because I buy food and then decide what I want to make with it. I usually keep 3-4 meals that I want to make on a white board in the kitchen, and then see what our family feels like that day. Planning meals and buying from a grocery list does not work for me. I like seeing what I have in my fridge and figuring out a healthy meal I can cook up with it.

I'll probably do Bountiful Baskets every other week.

No comments: